Monday, March 23, 2009

Contructing the Paper Cut

Assembled Paper Cut Model

Contructing the Paper Cut Model

As I got my pieces from Monday's Laser Cutting session, I was a bit lost as to how I was going to contruct these pieces. The large plat squares with rectilinear shapes cut into them seemed useless in helping communicate what I wanted to, do I discarded them.

I decided to form the model all around the "funnell" of square outlines- representing the function of the exhaust stack. The "stirrers" act as the complex mechanisms within the stack, and the hexagon's represent the site itself, and how it is tied in and reliant upon the stack to survive (without the stack, there would be no ED, without the ED, there would be even greater problems with traffic).

Overall, I am fairly happy with the finished outcome (from what I had), but annoyed that I didn't work at devloping the paper cut in the Adobe Illustrator stage- because I think I could achieved far more depth in terms of its communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment