Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Name and a Title

During the brainstorming phase I came up with a number of words to describe my reaction towards the exhaust stack and its place in the site (see blog "Brainstorming"). I decided to pick two words out of that list as my title for my model/stop motion video.

"Embedded" refers to the fact that we can assume how the stack connects vertically down and through the earth under the site. There is a sense that the connections the stack has to the Eastern Distributor tunnel "lock in" the stack to the site.

I chose the word "belonging" because although the exhaust stack is perhaps not the healthiest structure to have in the place of a medical centre, it had a purpose paramount to the site. As I have mentioned in previous posts, without the stack, the ED would not be able to function, and without the ED, the already heavy traffic around the area would get even slower.

I feel this titled fits my video, as it is an exploration of the history of the relationship of the exhaust stack with its site.

No comments:

Post a Comment